Cocaine & Health
This section provides information about the harms associated with cocaine use, and the impact of cocaine use on mental and physical health. Information in this section is sourced from a variety of resources and databases. Please refer to specific FAQs for source information.
- What are the physical and mental health risks of cocaine use?
- Are Australian cocaine users more likely to be diagnosed with or treated for a mental illness, compared to those who do not use cocaine?
- How many Australians are hospitalised each year due to cocaine use?
- Are Australian cocaine users more likely to have high levels of psychological distress, compared to those who do not use cocaine?
- What are the diagnostic criteria for cocaine-related mental health disorders?
- How many Australians die each year from cocaine use?